Southwark Greens will be joined by other local activists to give evidence to the climate change themed council meeting following the Declare a Climate Emergency campaign. Join us outside the Tooley Street offices of Southwark Council from 6.30pm.
- We have over 500 signatures on our petition chng.it/TpXpytjR.
- We wrote to Council Leader Cllr Peter John.
- We attended and asked questions to local community councils.
We held street stalls and talked to residents of Southwark about this issue.
Now we are giving evidence and calling for the council to commit to a plan for 2030 carbon neutrality.
We will be joined by -
- Louise Young - Chair, SGP, works for a think tank
- Tim Crosland - Plan B Director, taking UK Gov to court over Heathrow
- Caoimhe - Youth climate protestor from a Southwark school
- Celeste Hicks - Mums for Lungs
- Liba Hoskin - Southwark Green Party Walworth Coordinator
- Peter Baffoe - Green Party Southwark's council candidate for 2018, school governor, Peabody resident stakeholder forum